"If you want to be happy, be."

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Balance

So I was browsing Twitter (more often of late than I'd like to admit) and happen to chance upon this old blog which became super rusty. I doubt anyone reads it but it used to be my little corner to rant and express. I'm still very much a diary person but I think I have more strength to type than write after a long day of work.

More than a year has gone by since my last update. The changes have been drastic. One year ago I was struggling to get my career stabilised. Today I'm servicing a car, paying bills, basically doing all the nonsense adult things. It's crazy how much has changed.

As much as I hate to admit, I feel like I'm not as nonchalant as before. I care about people a little more now. Sometimes I feel happy, but most other times it got me thinking whether it's worth it at all. I'm no saint of course, but I think it's wrong to think that others should reciprocate when you start treating them well in an exclusive way. Guess what? It doesn't work that way, silly. 

I found myself emphasising on the importance of having a balance in whatever you do, be it your career, health, relationship or family. They all should kind of fall together simultaneously. It frustrates me to a great extent when I don't feel this balance (which is most of the time really).

I have learnt to want things simple. Actually be simple happy. Complications and overthinking are the worst!

Sigh.

Well I have to get up early so I shall end my senseless rants for now. 

Good night ghouls.

No comments: